Tuesday, January 9, 2007

My first post as a blogger

Well I have decided to take the plunge and enter the world of blogging. I am a prospective student for the full time MBA Fall 2007, and I decided to share my experience of applying to B-Schools.
First let me tell something more about myself, I am originally from India, did my undergrad in India, graduated in 1996 and then came to US in 1998. I have been in US since 1998 and currently live in NYC, so I guess I am an oldie in the MBA applicant crowd.
Regarding my professional background, well after my BTech in ECE (Electronics and Electrical Communication engineering) I started my career as a Software Engineer. While working I did my MS in Computer Science and then I got the opportunity to be the Technical Support Manager, managing the tech support team. Currently I am in the Sales organization as the Sales Engineering Manager, I have been in this position for the last two years and I feel that this is the right time to make a plunge... I wish to launch my own company so that is the prime driver for pursing an MBA..
In my current job I get to travel a lot and make technical presentations, (well Sales!!!) and I am currently in Denver, Colorado and everything here looks white with snow. Denver got its share of blizzards and snowstorms... Thankfully NYC has been spared till now, frankly I like snow from a distance, driving in NYC during snow can be a nightmare!!!
Anyway that's it for my first post...

1 comment:

aimBschool said...

so have u got an admit?